When I turned 50 (which was some eight years ago), I just didn’t know what to expect. In my early thirties, the thought of turning 50 seemed far, far away, that I didn’t even want to think about it. FIFTY, 50!!!! no way, that sounds so old.
When I reached 50, I saw and realised how blessed I was. My three children are all grown, and I even have two wonderful grandchildren who make my life joyful and my heart flutter every time I see them.
It is never too late to start your passions or dreams that have been stored up at the back of your mind. So don’t let your age, whatever it is, stop you. Dust off any cobwebs you have allowed to settle and lets live that life we have always dreamed of.
- I am self-employed – loving it;
- I am living my dream – loving it;
- I am running my own business – loving it more.
What am I doing? I am running a healthy smoothie bar and a whole foods shop. In between running my business, and constantly on the go, I keep up with myself by eating healthy and also working out. It doesn’t have to be strenuous. Those of you who have read my blogs, you know by now that I like to hike and also walk, and this is how I stay healthy. I have added some crosstraining to my schedule.
Living a healthy lifestyle need not be dull, nor is it a punishment, and don’t dread it.
So, for my wonderful, beautiful 50 plus ladies (and of course the younger ones too), here are a few tips I do to stay healthy and beautiful, both inside and out:-
- Wake up early to spend time praying and meditating.
- Drink two glasses of room temperature water to wake those sleepy veins, muscles, body, and mind up.
- After resting for thirty minutes, I make my favourite drink of two teaspoons of baobab powder, hot water, slice of lemon, honey to sweeten – not only is it delicious, it is full of fibre and a great way to start the morning.
- I then get my yoga mat out to do some stretch exercises. I stretch every part of my body followed with 200 squats (no need to do these continually, break it up in sets of 50s or however it suits you). 200 is what I do, if you can only do 20 to start with, then do that and then build up on it. But try not to stay at 20.
- Have my shower and then to a healthy breakfast.
I would love to hear from you as you share your routine with me. I am always open to something new.
Being 50 plus is absolutely wonderful. In fact, I have never felt healthier and more sexy. 😐